My Blog List

Monday, June 14, 2010

PAPAYA

I'm going to call my new daylily "papaya" It just looks like the inside of a ripe papaya. I was so shocked when I went out to the garden to find the rather straggly leaves that appeared a couple of years ago had produced a bloom. I thought it was an offshoot of the ones close by but they are nothing like this color. It must have been from a seed, crossed from two of the varieties in this bed. I have my very own daylily. It's not frilly or unusual but nevertheless I'm very excited.

4 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise! I love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous color! And a good name, too. Exciting, indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect name for a perfect beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhhh ... love that color. Wish some of mine would come up that color!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments unless they are spam comments which will always be removed in comment moderation.