My Blog List

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE?

When I came home this afternoon and checked my email there was an email and photo from David. "Good News" was the title. I might have gone so far as to say Very Good News!


I picked D up from the airport this morning after his overnight flight from Buenas Aires. No sooner home than out in the garden looking for jobs! As he glanced up at the owl house he spotted the new resident. So the earlier ant invasion, that David took care of, did not deter him. I don't think there are any leaves in there for a soft nest but you never know, maybe it is just more than a daytime roost.

15 comments:

  1. Score!!!! I have serious owl envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He may just be there for the day but we are happy to have him rather than the squirrel.

      Delete
  2. Yay!! Is it common to see them during the day? We've only seen ours at night. We see him flying in with treats for his sweet. He hunts in the greenbelt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that they often roost during the day. It does not mean he/she is setting up house.

      Delete
  3. Don't you mean "Whooo" do we have here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I was so anxious to show him off I didn't give the post name much thought.

      Delete
  4. Yay!!! To answer Cat, I often see our owl (when we have one) during the day, from lunchtime until dusk, just sitting in box's doorway and snoozing, looking around every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! There was a big owl at the entrance to the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center last Saturday that drew a big crowd. I have bird envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great. I have an owl box but haven't figured out how to put it up yet. No attaching "thingies" or any sort on it...You must be so excited about your new guest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome! I hear owls in the distance here, but I need some owls closer to my yard - I have a few voles that need to disappear..

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments unless they are spam comments which will always be removed in comment moderation.