It wasn't just the threat of a freeze tonight which had me removing the succulent Huernia schnederiana from the front gate. I've known for a while that the plant needed a severe hair cut.
I didn't have to do much cutting though because as I transported it to its winter haven lots of branches broke off. They have now been potted up.
But the real reason was Christmas decorating. I cut some branches from the holly, added some raffia and a bow to make a simple arrangement. Now we are all set to welcome guests. I just hope the mockingbird doesn't pinch the berries.
In a vase on Monday: Pinks and Pottery
1 hour ago