My Blog List

Saturday, April 6, 2013

BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU WALK

If I have said this once I have said it a thousand times. Is it any wonder. And what happened to the resolution that I would keep the pathways cleared this year?


I can't help that the rose Zephirine drouhin happened to start growing right at the top of the ramp. We can't use this entrance any more. Even without the rose the bluebonnets bar entry at the bottom. This ramp was supposed to make it easy to get the wheelbarrow up into the garden!


And do be careful as you go round this corner, please.


I wouldn't even try to walk this way.


Or this.


It's getting tough to get to the water barrels.


And those bluebonnets are taking over in the English garden once again.


And soon you will have to jump over the trailing wine cup. Ah, well. Maybe next year.

10 comments:

  1. Clear paths are highly overrated. :)

    (oh to have a fenced-in garden. Do you get any herbivores at all in there?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Not the deer though. Raccoons, skunks, possums, squirrels, caterpillars, pill bugs, leaf footed bugs!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha ... The most beautiful obstacle course I ever saw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's SPECTACULAR!!
    I wouldn't pull a thing. I think it gives the garden such a romantic feel. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Sandy....beautiful.
    If only I had your problem. I'm hoping the cold mornings are done,and things will start doing something here.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Lord Spring has definitely sprung in your garden! I love the way those plants soften the edges ofthea paths, and I adore your native bluebonnets with their white tips. Autumn has its grip on us here, and my garden is looking tired and dry. I very much look forward to watching yours throughout the growing season. I also want to commend you on your hypertufa trough - it's a project I've been meaning to do with the kids for ages! Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to be careful where you walk in my garden too. Not because of the flowers.... something that smells much worse than flowers...darn dogs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand it's just impossible to pull up those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Walking is for suckers. You have the right idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful obstacles. A gift from nature!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments unless they are spam comments which will always be removed in comment moderation.