My Blog List

Saturday, November 23, 2013

JUST WENT OUT TO PICK

Crazy Texas weather again. 80s two days ago, 30s today and wet and windy as well. I just ran out into the garden to pick a few things for dinner tonight.


There's baby pak choi, Meyer lemons and rosemary. They are the flavorings for my crock pot chicken dinner.


The seasoned chicken is nestled on a bed of halved lemons, a whole garlic with top sliced off and sprigs of rosemary. Seasoned inside with s/p garlic and lemon; slices of lemon on top and some dried seasoning herbs. Actually this is a mix that came form HEB for bread dipping. It is so good.


Everything is in the pot, lid on and ready to go. I came across this recipe when hunting for a crock pot chicken recipe here. It had rave reviews.
Now we are heading out to walk around the lake. Thermals and rain suits, scarves and gloves.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks and sounds delicious! Can almost smell it from here. I'll add to my recipe file. Happy walk in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, looks and sounds delicious! I can almost smell it from here. I was just thinking it's time to get out the crock pot again. What a wonderful treat after a brisk walk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the crock pot a wonder. I don't use it often enough but I am going to hunt out some more recipes. As you say... we left for the day and all was ready when we got home

      Delete
  3. Looks Amazing! You should post a pic of the finished product.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late-we ate. It didn't look much different, just cooked. The sauce it made with the lemon and garlic was delicioso. I couldn't find the garlic. It just melted. Will be doing this one again.

      Delete
  4. One of the most satisfying aspects of caring for garden spaces is when I am afforded the chance to go out and harvest components of a meal. The appearance of weather worthy of warm comfort foods is a welcome one but I'm hoping Mother Nature doesn't get too carried away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was delicious comfort food. How I love my lemons.

      Delete
  5. I've used lemon, rosemary and olive oil to roast a chicken but your crock pot version sounds like an easier take on the same idea. We'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm saving this link. Sounds amazing. You used an entire head of garlic?

    I'll admit I'm jealous of your Meyer lemon tree. Denny doesn't know it yet but that's going to be my birthday present; in a big pot on wheels so I can roll it into the garage during freezes.

    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments unless they are spam comments which will always be removed in comment moderation.