My Blog List

Sunday, November 10, 2013

WENT THE DAY WELL

                                                                 Went the day well?
                                                                 We died and never knew.
                                                                 But, well or ill,
                                                                 Freedom, we died for you
                                                                                          John Maxwell Edmonds


The Bayeux War Cemetery


3 comments:

  1. Thank you Jenny, I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you as well. My parents met in the military in WWII (my Dad served as an Army chaplain and my mother was an army nurse). This was a day they both held in special reverence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great poem. We owe a lot to the men and women who sacrifice so much for our freedom.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments unless they are spam comments which will always be removed in comment moderation.