My Blog List

Monday, October 24, 2016

IN A VASE MONDAY. NATIVE TEXAS WILDFLOWERS

I follow many who share their gorgeous flower creations on a Monday morning.  Most of my flowers rarely find their way into the house. A simple arrangement of native flowers which I did for the Happy Hour event to benefit the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center on Friday.


5 small vases of native flowers, for the appetizer table, including Golden rod, Mexican bush sage and blanket flowers.


Happy Monday, and thanks to Cathy at Rambling in the Garden

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you joined in, Jenny! Your vases make a cheerful nod to autumn. I hope the benefit event went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like to see matching vases like this - and how appropriate that you made them for that charity event. Thanks for joining in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely arrangements! Some day I would love to visit the LBJWC - I'm envious of your proximity to and involvement with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for hosting the garden tour. I especially enjoyed hearing the history of how the garden evolved. You two must have enormous energy! My friend and I came away with lots of ideas for our own gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed. I think the main idea of garden tours is to help people with their own gardens. I have certainly picked up many ideas from visiting gardens. As to the energy-I'm afraid it is dwinding somewhat.

      Delete
  5. So glad you posted photos of these cheery vases, and I must admit I enjoy seeing a bit of the inside of your beautiful home too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect Texas atmosphere. Hope you had a successful event.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments unless they are spam comments which will always be removed in comment moderation.