David has been hard at work on a new project; new compost bins, to cope with the ever increasing waste from the garden. We were sorely in need of larger and better placed bins to replace the wooden ones down the side of the greenhouse.
Today the final cap stone was placed on the new bins.
There are three new bins and they are constructed of masonry units. Despite the fact that the blocks are not mortared the structure is incredibly sturdy. They are filled with limestone rubble with only the caps glued in place.
Congratulations David for another fine project. And just in time for all that late winter pruning.
Meanwhile I cleaned out the old compost bins removing the stuff that wasn't composted and adding it to the new bins. Then a barrow load of mixed compost-this needs screening before I put it into the garden.
And finally about a 6" layer of the fine rich compost. I have a hundred places where I could put this.
I'm hoping that composting will be easier in the new bins. At least easier to turn. The old beds will be dismantled and the area tidied up.
Octopus’s garden patio at Cenote
1 hour ago