My Blog List

Sunday, October 9, 2011

RAIN DROPS ON YUCCAS


There is not a gardener in central Texas who is not celebrating the arrival of the first rainfall in months. 2" fell in my garden in the last 24 hours. My plants are happy, the soil is happy I am ecstatic. Never mind that we had to cancel our Sunday walk around Lady Bird Lake.


Last night I pulled all the succulents out in the hope that we would get that promised rain.


The baby kalanchoes decided ti was time to strike out on their own, falling on stoney ground. I gathered them up and put them on the soil.


After a good drink I pulled everything back under cover to dry off.
Everyone is happy.

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you all got some rain finally. I love the shot of the Mother of Thousands dropping her little clones into the rain. We have a lot of spawns here as well. It's a beautiful plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. I love the Yucca

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're getting the rain here in Houston too. Isn't it glorious. Love your photos -- especially the kalanchoe babies striking out on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rain is wonderful! All my plants are in the yard since we're in the process of getting a patio cover, and they are all thrilled I'm sure to be so wet! Beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to hear that rain has fallen at last. It's amazing how everything looks so refreshed and alive when it's splashed by raindrops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to read that you finally got rain! That rain-speckled shot of the yucca blossoms is really lovely and I thought it quite touching that you moved the baby kalanchoe to the soil where they would have a chance... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That image is so refreshing!
    Here, we continue to expect rain. Fall is a strange ...

    I love the Yuccas, the drops of rain makes it more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so very happy to see those raindrops on yuccas! gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was beautiful!
    We got almost three inches here in Wimberley. Mostly in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for rain!! I'm sure those were some very happy plants.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...and whiskers on kittens.... that song will now be in my head all day with the spin of raindrops on yuccas instead. hahaha Wasn't the rain fantastic?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments unless they are spam comments which will always be removed in comment moderation.