My Blog List

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

GARDEN BLOGGERS' BLOOM DAY AUGUST 2012

I wish I could share photos of my garden with you today but I haven't seen it for over 3 weeks! I wonder how it is doing on its 'ownyo'. However, I do have a few things to share and will enjoy reading about my friend's gardens on this August Bloom Day thanks to Carol at Maydreams.


As usual I brought along some of my garden on this camping trip to the Sawtooths in Idaho. The bamboo planter with 3 haworthia. How they love the cool evenings. Cut sprigs of basil put into a jar of water over 3 weeks ago have rooted and still are looking healthy. No moldy old leaves like happens at home.
Added to my traveling garden a ceramic pot of wayside grasses. I just took a fancy to this rather peculiar shaped, wobbly vase in a thrift shop and the $3 price tag won me over. I knew the colors would go very well with dried grasses and I know there will be plenty of that in Texas this year.

5 comments:

  1. You taking some garden, on the road. That doesn't surprise. Love all of them.
    You always find the neatest things, at garage sales and thrift shops.
    Yes, there is a lot of dry grass, here in Texas. And, heat. But, at least it's not as bad as last year.
    Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this collection Jenny, what a great way to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great!
    I love the idea of plants taking vacations!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you're traveling with style, even in a camper. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments unless they are spam comments which will always be removed in comment moderation.