The first is my garage sale basket with garage sale goodies. It has been sitting there for a while waiting for me to do something with the contents. Maybe this week.
I'm told the humming birds start showing up around the middle of March so I'd better get the new hummingbird feeder filled and out there. They will be hungry after their long flight from South America. I have decided to place it among the flowers instead of hanging it. Easier for me to deal with. I didn't have the required 1/2" dowel so I used 3 thin pieces of bamboo for the time being. I made up my own sugar water 1/4 cup sugar to 1 cup of water, brought to the boil and cooled.
And the wrens were busy today trying to decide which of the three shelves and behind which cactus pot to build their nest. They just can't make up their minds. A pair spent the morning bobbing back and forward, putting little pieces of nest material along and behind the pots, and then seemed to give up, probably because we had workmen coming and going.
The mesh bags of lint are for them to line their nest. I have been collecting lint all year and have filled two mesh bags. As a reminder, if you are going to save lint for the birds make sure you don't use fabric softener.
I need to make a base for the heron as he only has one leg to stand on! I think a slice of cedar tree should work.
There are a couple of metal plaques and a ceramic toadstool. I'll find a home for them out there. And a small sun. I don't care for the orange paint so I need to tone that down a little before he joins the others on the sun and moon wall. Talking of which......
We had to have some stucco work done on the archway wall and they had to remove all the original stucco. At least they built a tent so that the debris wouldn't get on my garden but it didn't stopped the massive amounts of dust as they sawed through the 1" thick stucco. The suns and moons had to be taken down and are in the second basket.
That part of the job is finished now but we may have to wait few days before putting them back up. Meanwhile I found another sun and moon that I couldn't resist, at a price I couldn't resist, even though I had to drive 18 miles to get it.
My original intention was to put him over the sun and moon archway but I am not sure that is the right place. He may replace the rather rusty old sun we bought in Mexico one year.
Oh! I don't know about that, I rather like his rusty old face.
Not too early to order bulbs for fall planting
2 hours ago