My Blog List

Sunday, April 23, 2017

SOMETIMES YOU JUST GET LUCKY

You know how much I like to find a bargain at a garage sale. We stopped by only one garage sale last weekend and it turned out to be my lucky day. There is nothing like an out of town move to make you reconsider all those $ per lb. items and hold a garage sale. Tucked in the corner of the driveway I saw some large ceramic pots. "Are the pots for sale?" I asked, hopefully. They were and I chose the one I knew would go well with my garden color scheme. $10. Now that's a bargain.



I had overwintered a Brugmansia in the garage and recently moved it outside by the garden entry. For the last few days it had been looking a little sick with yellowing leaves. I suspected it might be pot bound. The new pot would be just perfect. It took the two of us to wrestle it out of the old pot and get it situated in the new pot. It was seriously pot bound.


It is now back in its corner by the cactus theatre and is a handy perch for the Carolina wrens who are nesting in the lower right-hand corner.



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And that pot will go great with the flowers too. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes-they are that peach color and right now I see lots of buds.

      Delete
  2. What a deal! The Brugmansia looks great in its new pot and your placement of it is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect. We just found a garden lantern at a consignment shop and made a lowball offer which they accepted. Always fun to find the perfect item at the right price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just. I didn't mention it but they also were selling a garden bench, asking $20. It wasn't perfect having spindle legs( I prefer straight) but I asked if she would take $10. She did. I do have to work on it when I have the time.

      Delete
  4. $10 is a fabulous score for a pot like that!

    And I wish my brug was as happy in my yard as it is in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky, lucky, lucky. And the glaze has the range of colors that I like for my garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! A deal like that doesn't come around very often! And how fun to have some baby birds to look forward to in your little theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lucky find indeed when I think of what those pots usually cost new from the store...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great find. The Brug looks happy!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments unless they are spam comments which will always be removed in comment moderation.