My Blog List

Monday, April 23, 2012

THE PINKEST PROFUSION A PERSON COULD PERCEIVE

I used the word 'wow'  more than normal yesterday. Well, who wouldn't. We just had two wonderfully clear days with dry air and what more perfect conditions for all my cactus to bloom in concert.


First, the clump growing in front of the dry creek, outside the walls. This is the largest of the lace cactus, Echinocereus reichenbachii.


Then the one I picked up at the garage sale. This one has rather pale papery blooms.


Now, one within the walls, which I can see through the dining room window.


The large potted mammilaria which has been blooming non-stop for weeks. There are even more flowers in bud between the tubercles.


Finally, my second garage sale find. This one unknown. I saw one in flower last week at BSN but no-one seemed to know its name.


I think this one will still be blooming tomorrow because the petals are much sturdier.


Finally, a tiara-clad cactus waiting in the wings. Last year this cactus bloomed  in time for the royal wedding at the end of April.

9 comments:

  1. Really cool Jenny. I am changing out all of my containers to more drought resistant things like sedums and such. I will have to bring a few into our basement for the winter, but I have such a hot spot on our deck. I have been looking hard at the cacti... You are twisting my arm to go buy more plants...lol. Have a great week my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!! All of them!!! And all in the purple/pink theme! What a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to share our typical weather with you! Clear, warm, dry = happy cacti...though some rain doesn't hurt, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow indeed! Are there really no yellow ones or did you edit those out for the sake of pink profusion?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are beautiful and nicely color coordinated, I love the long one in the pot. This year seems to be a good one for beautiful cactus blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely. It's always amazing what delicate, beautiful blooms come on those prickly plants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those are awesome! I had no idea that cacti had such beautiful blooms! You don't really see them here!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments unless they are spam comments which will always be removed in comment moderation.