My Blog List

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I THINK I LIKE THIS B&B

Remember yesterday, when I made the decision that we should move our breakfast venue to the front courtyard? Well, in the heat of the day yesterday I went out looking for ideas.


I really had in mind to do this on a budget and I think I achieved my goal. The little table, just large enough for two, came from World Market. It was the last one on the floor so they gave me a 20% discount. I just managed to squeeze it into my car.


 I had bought the cushions at the end of last year in an attempt to prolong the life of the chairs. So, I didn't feel the great necessity to buy new chairs. I just removed the other two, one of which is really not useable any more.


It was breakfast for one this morning in the absence of the hunter gatherer. With me were my new little orange marmalade pot ( 99c at Goodwill). It is missing the little handle on the top but I am sure I can come up with something for that. With it my grandma's silver jam spoon. The hand-spun, hand-dyed, hand-knitted tea cozy I bought in England last year. One of my favorite English porcelain mugs. I even dug out the toast rack! And, because one or the other of us needs another garden project, Handmade Garden Projects.


What could be more perfect. The trickle of water, the cool of the morning. Ah! I think I'll stay here a little longer.


But then again I'd better get out there and do some gardening.

8 comments:

  1. Just charming! Don't you love it when a good idea comes together ... The only thing better (for me) would be if I were having that tea, toast and marmalade somewhere in the Cotswolds. Ahhhh, sheer Heaven! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I make a reservation, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. An apple in that spot would be nearing divine, not to mention that breakfast you all made last fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work!!! A little treat for the morning:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice russety tones at your B&B, right down to the cut gaillardias and the tea cozy and even the toast! I constantly crave/need little tables and chairs, too, but expense does hold one back, right? Looks like you've got an entirely new set at little cost. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came across your blog and your garden is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments unless they are spam comments which will always be removed in comment moderation.